Wichita’s art scene has grown rapidly over the past several years. With Avenue Art Days, Final Friday, and urban artists on the rise, we are proud of the beautiful art across our city. As the weather in Wichita warms up, you have to check these out!
1. This mural of William Shakespeare at 762 E. 1st St. N. by Jordan Tarrant is one of our personal favorites.
2. This piece by Olivia Grant is a beautiful visual of the businesses a part of the Douglas Design District. It’s located at 2431 E. Douglas Ave.
3. Local artist, Anthony Parker, has done many amazing murals throughout Wichita. This is one of our favorites located at Norton’s Brewing Company at 125 N. St. Francis St.
4. We love how this beautiful take on the Wichita flag also incorporates the unique things you can find in Wichita. You can check out Ellie and Maggie Newlin’s piece at 1336 E. Douglas Ave.
5. Indiana Elman is the local artist behind this beautiful cityscape mural at 1401 E. Douglas.
6. Celia Qualich’s take on Downtown Wichita’s “The Keeper of the Plains” can be seen at Douglas and Wabash. We love how the colors in the background resemble the unique sunsets we have in Kansas.
7. The world’s largest mural is located at 519 E. 20th St. here in Wichita, KS. Horizontes, a grant-funded initiative to promote community engagement within Wichita’s North End and Northeast neighborhoods, funded the project. Street artist, GLeo, was invited from Columbia to create the masterpiece. You can view the mural on the Beachner Grain Elevator near 21st and Topeka.
We hope you’ll check these amazing murals out, as well as the many others throughout Wichita!
Leave a Reply